Beyond Our Boundaries - Ephesians 3:20-21

Once your mind is expanded, it can never go back to its original size.

Name:
Location: Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States

I am the minister for the Cross Lanes Church of Christ in Cross Lanes, WV.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I hate to forget

Do you ever forget things? It is one of my biggest concerns. Today is my wife's birthday. I didn't forget it, per say, but I didn't acknowledge it before she left the house. Not to make excuses, but my oldest son, Alex, has a swim meet today; my daughter, Emily, has a cheerleading competition; my youngest son, Max, has a basketball league end of season party and trophy presentation. Getting caught up in the busyness of her getting ready to leave with the oldest two, while I sat with our baby (Olivia 2 yrs) keeping her quiet so she wouldn't wake up the other four, I didn't wish her a happy birthday before she left. I feel like a heel. She deserves so much more than that. I called her and apologized, but it wasn't good enough. For once, I would like to give her more than she deserves. I really am sorry. I know she will forgive me, but I still screwed up royally.

Better days are ahead. I will try to make it up to her today when I see her.

Don't go forgetting things. It is no fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home