Beyond Our Boundaries - Ephesians 3:20-21

Once your mind is expanded, it can never go back to its original size.

Name:
Location: Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States

I am the minister for the Cross Lanes Church of Christ in Cross Lanes, WV.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Speaking where the Bible speaks

All I can say is...I don't really know what to say. I was one of those who spent childhood memorizing scripture. Very glad now that I did that. It's amazing how much I remember. However, it wasn't until later in life (after college) that I really started to understand what it was that I had memorized. Through a number of friendships with those much wiser in scripture than me and tons of reading and studying, I am still learning to understand what was memorized.

Then I go and read two posts by Mike Cope called The BIBLE. What great insight into how we read the Bible. I have read each post at least twice and each time I have seen something fresh that I missed the first time. I am now going back to read them again. Hopefully I see something new, not only in his post, but also in my Bible.

Jim Gardner from Marble Falls, TX sent me (and alot of others) a series of sermons on Galatians. Now I am able to read Galatians somewhat from Jim's perspective. It brings me a greater appreciation for the fact that I read the Bible through a "biased lense." And that is a not bad thing, it is just reality. But seeing it from someone else's "bias" is extremely helpful. Thanks Jim.

I can only hope that I continue to grow in my knowledge and understanding of God's word. A good friend, Steve Fox, said that the Bible is the only book ever written that the more you read the more you realize there is so much that you do not know.

Thank you, God, for your word. Help me to use it as you would have me to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home