Beyond Our Boundaries - Ephesians 3:20-21

Once your mind is expanded, it can never go back to its original size.

Name:
Location: Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States

I am the minister for the Cross Lanes Church of Christ in Cross Lanes, WV.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Catching Up!

It has been over a month since I wrote here. I have really missed it. But it seems like everytime I start to write, something more urgent comes to my plate. So today is a hodgepodge of things over the past 6 weeks.

My sister-in-law is in great shape. Her surgery was very successful and she is able to get back to some semblance of normal life -- whatever that is. She was even able to go on vacation with us the last week of July. Praise God for watching over her so well.

Vacation was fantastic. We spent the last part of July and first part of August at Myrtle Beach. For the first time in a long time I didn't do anything on vacation. I was just there with Kerry and the kids to have a relaxing time. We swam in the pool, rode the lazy river, sat at the beach, ate, ate, ate, and ate. It was the best vacation in a while.

In August the final hill climb to school starts. Sports are in full swing, school shopping begins and the days at the pool become less and less. I am helping coach the Nitro High soccer team, so it feels a little like I am back to school.

My son Max, 8 years old, fell off the trampoline and broke his tibia straight across the top. He is in a full leg cast up to his hip until September 21. What a way to start school. In all of that, he walks around on his crutches with a big smile. He has a great attitude about the whole thing. Thank you, God, for Max.

August 20-22 Jim Gardner was in Cross Lanes and Hurricane. That was the best meeting I have ever attended. Jim was able to speak to the exact things we talked about and built the perfect transition for our plans in the next year. He was so good, we had him come back to our Thursday Bible study. It was especially great for me to talk with Jim and get his perspective on ministry and other things. If you haven't had Jim Gardner for a time of study, I highly recommend it.

Now we are into school full time. It is nice to get back into a routine and know the daily schedules. But that also means homework, 4 soccer games per week, early rising, and cold weather on the way.

I also want to share the wonderful progress of the Cross Lanes Church. Internally we are growing so much. We are really focusing on God's will and how to live as Kingdom minded disciples. We had 17 visitors last Sunday. That is 17 first time visitors to our worship. Now some of that was family of regulars, but at the same time 17 first timers. In case you can't tell, I am extremely excited about that. A comment from Thursday night Bible study, "this Church is going to grow, I just know it."

In all of this I am reminded of my favorite passage of scripture.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (NIV) Proverbs 3:5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home